Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Half Marathon.....CHECK!


So, I did it. I ran my first half marathon in Cleveland this past Sunday. That's 13.1 miles. I feel really great about it too. I paced myself at a 10:00 minute mile and was feeling so good at the end I was able to sprint past the finish line. The weather could not have been more perfect, cool and sunny. The fans were amazing and gave me great motivation to run strong. They held signs that made me laugh, and signs that made me cry. I felt a new surge of inspiration as I ran through the streets of Cleveland, along the lake shore. Don't get me wrong, it was mentally and physically difficult. But, that's what it's all about, the challenge.

Two weeks I'll be in sunny San Francisco with my cousin, Jacin (whom I am running the NY marathon with). I am so excited to see her and run over the Golden Gate Bridge!!! And of course have some play time too in Wine Country Babyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

See you soon.

1 comment:

jacin said...

congrats cous!!!